If you require a reliable asbestos testing service, delay no more. Call our Asbestos Testing Launceston Team to inspect and test asbestos at your premises.
A TRUSTED CONTRACTOR FOR ASBESTOS REMOVAL
Looking for a qualified asbestos contractor? Look no further than Asbestos Watch Launceston . We offer you outstanding asbestos testing services for domestic, commercial, and industrial premises.
- The Asbestos Testing Launceston Team are A-class license-holder specialists that have certification for conducting all types of asbestos testing jobs.
- Our expertise ensures the testing procedure will be in compliance with the standard regulations.
- Our Asbestos Testing Launceston Team will also take care of the cleaning and disposal process – safely and efficiently.
The Asbestos Testing Launceston Team offer competitive prices for excellent services. To help you calculate the expense for the service, we offer you a free quote. No hidden costs. Everything will be transparent.
Why Is Asbestos Testing Needed?
It is estimated that 1 out of 3 houses built in Australia was installed with asbestos. Houses in Launceston mostly have both types of asbestos, friable and non-friable, installed within. This hazardous material can be found in the roofs, fences, ceilings, or wall cladding.
Some facts about asbestos in Australia:
- Commercial and industrial properties have commonly used friable asbestos products since the late 1800s.
- Friable asbestos products were used for fireproofing, insulation and soundproofing.
- Some forms of friable products were also installed in houses.
- For houses constructed before 1990, the material could still be found in the property
- Due to the extensive use of asbestos materials in the 1950s and until the mid-1980s; home maintenance, renovation and demolition continue to face contamination problems.
- Houses built before the 1990s commonly contain asbestos cement (AC) materials, particularly in the internal and external wall cladding, eaves, ceilings (especially in bathrooms and laundries, the wet areas), roofing and fences.
- During the 1980s, AC products were eliminated, thus encouraging the use of asbestos-free products.
- The total ban on production, use, reuse, transport, import, storage or sale of all types of asbestos started to be implemented in December 2003.
- Lack of awareness on the safe method of handling the removal of asbestos products can cause health risks to the occupants of residential and commercial buildings.
- Inhaling the fibres may cause a person to be infected by one of the diseases induced by the fibrous particles including asbestosis, lung cancer and Mesothelioma.
- Asbestos risk in Australia is high, and in a day at least six people are diagnosed with diseases related asbestos exposure.
- You can get fined, or even charged for not removing asbestos materials correctly or following the Tasmanian regulations.
- Removing asbestos materials without training can cause significant hazards to your family and the environment.
- Disposal of materials containing asbestos must be managed by a licensed assessor that holds a certification and following the Tasmanian regulations.
Due to these facts, when you suspect you have asbestos in your house, call the Asbestos Testing Launceston Team. We will respond to your query promptly and conduct a thorough inspection and asbestos testing at your premises.
If you know that your property contains those life threatening material, don’t panic. Contact asbestos removal Launceston to save the life of your family. Always be smart and be safe.
Asbestos testing processes
For a valid result of the inspection or survey, it is recommended to hire a license-holder assessor, such as the Asbestos Testing Launceston Team. As it is meticulous work, only a person who has attended training can locate areas that are suspected of being installed with products containing asbestos.
Our Asbestos Testing Launceston Team will carry out a visual inspection at your property and determine which products or materials may contain asbestos fibres. An inspection is the first step to conclude the presence of asbestos. Our team of experts may also need to take samples and conduct testing via a NATA-accredited lab, when required.
Testing via a NATA-accredited lab
To do a detailed analysis of asbestos fibres, polarised light microscopy (PLM) and stereo microscope analysis (SMA) techniques may be used by the Asbestos Testing Launceston Team. PLM can differentiate non-friable and friable asbestos fibres from the sample, while SMA technique may be used to identify the presence of asbestos fibres from a bulk material.
Our Asbestos Testing Launceston Team will deliver a report directly to your email inbox. The report documents all information gathered on the testing sample.
Contact our Asbestos Testing Launceston Team if you have any enquiries related to our services. To get a free quote, fill in the quote form or call us directly.